fitness activities at home
It’s easy to get stuck in the daily grind and just switch the TV, computer or tablet to stay entertained. But, instead try out one of these fitness activities & games for kids, teens and the whole family that will keep energy levels up and weight down.
20 Kids Fitness Games and Activities at Home
- Tag – lots of running is great!
- Hopscotch – it’s a classic for a reason
- Swimming at the local pool
- Chores – chores like mowing the lawn or even doing the dishes and vacuuming burn calories
- Taking the dogs on walks – bonus points for walking up and down neighborhood hills
- Enter a local 5K or fun run
- Dance. While cleaning the house, while waiting for dinner or just because!
- Follow along with one of our fitness videos for kids and teens
- Sledding during winter and playing in the sprinkler all summer
- A scavenger hunt – be sure to have a prize for the winner!
- Basketball – if you have a net or access to a neighborhood court
- Jump rope – crisscross or double Dutch style
- Family bike ride ending with a healthy picnic
- Wheelbarrow or crab-walk races – get the neighborhood involved!
- Blow up a balloon and encourage kids to keep it off the floor – great for a rainy day!
- Roller skating
- Kayaking or paddle boarding – nothing beats a day on the water!
- Volleyball – in the park or at the beach
- Hula Hoop
- Rock Climbing – go to your local rock climbing gym for a day of fun and a total body workout