Healthy Recipes for Kids
Camp Pocono Trails teaches kids about nutrition from a holistic view that, instead of encouraging diets, encourages healthy substitutions and eating from the entire food pyramid. Every meal at camp encompasses multiple food groups and promotes weight loss, but sometimes it’s easy to fall back to a junk and frozen food routine once campers return home. To help our camper’s stay on the best path to a healthy eating we’ve compiled a list of five recipes for each meal that are kid and family friendly and healthy! Plus, visit the Camp Pocono Trails’ blog on healthy recipes for kids for more nutritious meal ideas!
Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Light Fettuccine Alfredo – instead of whipping cream, use skim milk; and use margarine instead of butter
- Savory Roasted Cod – A mild fish that can help introduce seafood to the meal routine
- Easy Veggie Fajitas – A delicious way to fill a plate with vegetables
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili – it’s time to discover the greatness of a slow cooker
- Roasted Citrus Turkey Breast – Thanksgiving year-round
Healthy Lunch Recipes
- DIY Healthy Lunchables – A kid favorite that is now mother approved
- Asian Fusion Salad – A salad that actually leave you full and wanting more
- Grilled Chicken Pitas – Delicious warm or cold
- Chicken Pepper Stir-Fry – Only 306 calories with 20 grams of proteins, and easier to make then you would think
- Pita Pizza – A Camp Pocono Trails’ favorite!
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Banana French Toast – who doesn’t love French toast?
- Herbed Egg White and Spinach Omelet – Filling and nutritious
- Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes – Instead of out-of-the-box pancakes that have no nutritional value, amp up the fiber and try substituting sugary syrup for applesauce
- Low Fat Yogurt-Granola Parfait – Dairy, fruit and grains in one filling breakfast
- Breakfast Pizza – Fun for the whole family to make!